An administrator is setting up vSAN file services on a vSAN cluster.
Which two security policies on the distributed port groups are automatically enabled in the process? (Choose two.)
As a part of a network hardware refresh project, all the network switches have been replaced with a newer, high-performance model. After the replacement, the company users started experiencing slowness on the applications hosted on their vSAN-backed VMs.
The vSAN administrator checked the vSAN Network Health status and noticed that the "Hosts large ping test" has failed.
What could be the cause of this performance degradation issue?
Upon investigating a workload performance issue, a vSAN administrator observed a high backend IOPs on a vSAN cluster.
Which two causes explain this behavior? (Choose two.)
A customer is planning to deploy a vSAN cluster to host their in-house distributed ERP system. The hardware specifications for their server nodes include:
* 2 x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2697 v3 @ 2.60GHz
* 1TB memory
Which boot device is supported for the vSAN ESXi nodes for this customer?
An administrator is troubleshooting vSAN performance issues, and the performance diagnostics reports:
"There are errors seen in one or more physical NICs on one or more hosts."
Which two problems must be resolved to fix this issue? (Choose two.)
An administrator is tasked with preparing for a Cross vCenter migration in a stretched vSAN cluster where the virtual machines migration will be orchestrated via VMware Site Recovery Manager.
Which action should the administrator take so the migration is successful?
An architect is currently working with a customer to transform their existing ESXi hosts to vSAN nodes. The customer expressed the following requirements.
• First phase will transform 50% of the hosts to a hybrid vSAN nodes.
• Second phase will transform the remaining 50% hosts to an All-Flash vSAN nodes.
The following constraint exists:
• Each host has a 4-port x 1 GbE network interface.
Which two recommendations should the architect make to align with the customer's requirements? (Choose two.)
An administrator is planning to change a vSAN Storage Policy to apply a Failures To Tolerate (FTT) of 2, using RAID-6.
What is the minimum number of vSAN nodes required?
A company has engaged a consultant to upgrade an existing vSAN cluster to vSAN 7.0 U1. The company wants to ensure that the same vSAN process can be used in the future.
During the discovery phase, the consultant found the following information about the existing environment:
* The vCenter Server is currently version 7.0.
* The vSAN Cluster has the following configuration:
- vSAN version: 7.0
- Number of vSAN nodes: 6
- Encryption: enabled
- Deduplication and Compression: enabled
- Fault Domains: 1
- vSAN Capacity Utilization: 60%
* Each vSAN node has the following configuration:
- ESXi version: VMware vSphere 7.0
- CPU: 2 processors, 20 cores
- RAM: 1024GB RAM.
- Disk: 2 Cache SSDs and 6 Capacity SSDs
- Network: 4 x 10GbE
* All current hardware (which is from a single vendor) is listed on the vSAN Compatibility Guide for vSAN 7.
Which three recommendations should the consultant make to ensure that the vSAN cluster upgrade is completed? (Choose three.)
A cache disk failure marked a vSAN disk group as failed, and the data is being rebuilt on other disk groups.
Which action should the vSAN administrator take to reduce the negative impact on the VMs?
During a vSAN design workshop, an architect collected these customer requirements:
* Leverage vSAN storage policies with Erasure Coding.
* Enable Deduplication and Compression.
* Use the minimum number of hosts in the cluster.
* Maintain full storage policy compliance when two nodes are down.
Which vSAN cluster design meets the customer’s requirements?
An administrator wants to deploy a desktop and application virtualization solution on top of vSAN.
Which VMware product should the administrator install?
An architect intends to use the Primary Level of Failures To Tolerate (PFTT) to calculate the minimum number of required hosts for a vSAN cluster.
Which calculation model should be used?
An administrator is tasked with setting up Kerberos authentication only for the vSAN File services.
Which version of Kerberos must be selected if the NFS version is v4.1?
An administrator is planning to deploy cloud-native workloads onto the vSAN Direct datastore.
Which storage policy structure rule is supported?
An architect is tasked to design a VMware Horizon Solution with vSAN. The architect needs to use a solution to host the user’s profile shares in a highly available manner, and it must be guest OS independent.
Which solution will match these requirements?
A company has deployed a 12-node (6-6-1) vSAN 7.0 stretched cluster for all production workloads.
The customer currently uses four different vSAN storage policies for running the workloads depending on the applications requirements:
* Policy 1 - Site Disaster Tolerance=Dual Site Mirroring, FTT=Erasure Coding
* Policy 2 - Site Disaster Tolerance=Dual Site Mirroring, FTT=Mirroring
* Policy 3 - Site Disaster Tolerance=None - Keep Data on Preferred, FTT=Mirroring
* Policy 4 - Site Disaster Tolerance=None - Keep Data on Non-Preferred, FTT=Mirroring
During the setup of the vSAN stretched cluster, the following VM/Host Rules were created:
* Preferred Site - Preferred Site workloads should run on DC1 hosts.
* Secondary Site - Secondary Site workloads should run on DC2 hosts.
Which two activities should the administrator complete to ensure that there is no impact to production services during the maintenance window in the Preferred Site? (Choose two.)
A customer has upgraded to vSAN 7, but there is still an existing legacy host which must be removed from the vSAN cluster.
Which three steps must an administrator take to successfully remove this host from the vSAN cluster? (Choose three.)
An architect is reviewing a vSAN cluster that has an unbalanced cluster configuration.
Which behavior will the architect observe?